Friday, December 6, 2013

Ice Cold


Two days ago it was in the 80's and I was wearing shorts. Last night we had an ice storm. Welcome to Texas. Businesses are closed. School is cancelled. And most people are staying home. I am taking this cold quiet day to blog a bit!

Recently the back yard got mowed. It took me three hours. Consequently, I decided to give up and skip a strip calling it my Texas Prairie. And now I kinda like it amongst all the ice. I am thinking of making it a permanent lawn feature. Heh.

And that is as far as I venture out today. Maybe when Adam gets home we'll go out and rescue people who are stranded in their cars. Even as I type I am listening to my neighbor trying to get up his driveway….This is only the second time we've been able to use four wheel drive in Texas. Worth it? Absolutely.

1 comment:

  1. BRRRRR!!!! Your pics are making me cold just looking at them! It's really cold here too -- lots of ice but nothing like that! I love the pic of the frozen sun -- so awesome! Hope you are a bit warmer soon!!

    ReplyDelete