Brandon is in construction management. Right now he's got a big student housing project going on at the SMU campus so we thought it would be fun to take a tour! (It's the closest I'll EVER get to that ridiculously EXPENSIVE place of higher learning.)
The experience was interesting and fun. I have never seen so much scaffolding in one place. I was rather amazed. We climbed up up up. And again I was amazed we didn't go crashing down.
The scaffolding is inside this dome below. It's one of the cafeterias.
Up on the top level.
Then we made our way to another tower. Climbed up a secret ladder...
into the inside of this! It will be blocked off, so we thought ourselves very cool we will be some of the only people to have ever been inside. (We should have signed our names somewhere. Doh.)
Later we drove around Highland Park (a very well-to-do neighborhood/area). It was at twilight, when it's dark enough for people to turn their lights on, but light enough that they haven't closed their drapes yet. Yes, we were the creepers driving super slow to see inside your gigantic awesome houses to see how you've decorated them. A girl's gotta know.
Then we headed over to Jimmy's Italian Food Store. Adam enjoyed looking at all their meats and other treats. Dafni got into a conversation with a very tall dark and handsome Italian man. I looked at wine labels and drooled over cannoli filling. Brandon…disappeared, he was probably plotting against the handsome Italian….
Jimmy's has won awards and recognition for their Italian sandwiches. And after having one myself, I can totally see why! Menu here. Again–here's another great new place for you to visit.
Melty cheesy, spicy sausage, goodness. This is a sammy Joey Tribbiani would approve of—and NOT share.










No luck on the awesome face, I see.... :)
ReplyDeleteI forgot about Paolo!! Good old Paolo.
So much fun!!! What a great adventure!! You totally should have signed your name somewhere :) And I forgot to post it a few posts back, but best of luck on your job hunt!! I'm sure you'll be employed in no time!! :)
ReplyDeleteDafni…I liked your face!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for cheering for me Amanda!