Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My Brand

Many of you have asked if I have a website. I say no. Then you ask if I have business cards, and my gut sinks even further into the ground as I say no. (Ask any designer…it's impossible to brand ones self and invariably we dislike our brand almost the moment it is done, which is why I never got started in the first place.)

A couple of months ago the "asking" situation got embarrassing and too much to bear. Consequently, after three solid weeks of digging through my portfolio, taking pictures, writing, and tweaking code I finally have a website! And go ahead, ask me if I have a card…."Why yes, yes I do."

I AM looking for more freelance opportunities. Spread the word. (Also if you know of anyone getting married or just married, send them here. Tis the season!)
The concept is simple…I like that my name starts with an A and ends with a Z (which is why I never changed it) and I think that will help people to remember me. Since it's cliché I don't want to put the letters next to each other. So the A-Z idea is visually represented by flipping the business card back and forth which is then mimicked through logo animation on the website. I plan to have several different styles of letters for the animation and am having fun sketching them out.

Finally, with these tools I have applied for a part time print design position and am waiting to hear back.


A BIG HUMONGOUS thank you to my Dad who helped edit and point out weak spots and places where I could improve my presentation. He's pretty much a genius. You should hire him. 

Also, I have to thank Maulik, a friend and colleague from my campus job at the Instructional Media Center, who more than once has been willing to share his coding genius to help me solve a problem. He too is VERY good at what he does and is often the first to introduce me to cool stuff like beautiful parallax scrolling/websites. Yes, you can go look that up now.


4 comments:

  1. You talented thing, you! I LOVE this. And am going to pass this along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no words for how much I absolutely LOVE your website, your work and YOU. You rock and your website 1000% reflects that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- I would buy the animal matching game in a heartbeat... so gorgeous and CUTE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! You guys are such great fans! LOL.

    ReplyDelete