Thursday, March 29, 2018

Gone Beard Gone

In starting to blog about other events I realized you haven't seen Adam without facial hair in a while. And I don't want to shock you.
He's had something on his face since graduating college. He looks so different that I don't recognize him when he's freshly shaved—the other day I couldn't find him at the gym and he was 8 yards away from me. Upon shaving, we discovered some saggy skin that didn't exist before, and some cheeks that are a little chubbier than they used to be. And we laughed and we cried. We both REALLY liked his beard.

The reason he shaved turned out to be complicated...but the short of it is because of a new responsibility at church and misunderstanding over a "he said, she said" conversation that put us in a hard spot. 

I had to do some thinking about the situation, because neither one of us are happy about this naked face thing. And I have decided perhaps the best way to explain WHY Adam shaved was out of respect for the individual who wanted Adam to shave but NOT out of support for the unfounded reasoning behind the request. 

I'll leave it at that, and we both look forward to the day when he'll have his handsome beard back.
In the meantime, Adam is enjoying his new responsibility and is working hard to serve the best he can.

No comments:

Post a Comment