Monday, September 21, 2020

Anna’s 40th Birthday

Forty is NOT a number I like associated with my age. It means mammograms and midlife crises. I’m not where I wanted to be, or doing what I thought I would be doing by now (understatement of the year all things considered.) But it STILL happened in May. Thanks to the pandemic and Adam’s traveling schedule I spent most of the day alone. But there were some unexpected visits, birthday texts, and lovely highlights in the day.

My friend Lysha and her husband snuck over in the middle of the night to decorate my front door. (I accidentally caught them. I thought the sound coming from outside was an opossum scratching around. So when I opened my blinds to peek out, we saw each other. Whoopsie.) She left a bag of treats and a crown of flowers she’d made especially for me. And though I was alone, I wore it all day around the house. 


Nick and Stacy brought flowers and gift card. 
And Marla and Lex stopped by to leave roses and a case of water. (A safe gift as it’s one thing I am definitely allowed to eat.)
Seeing my friends' faces was a welcome treat. It was GOOD to see them. And other than those visits I spent the day alone. 

Adam bought a birthday book from my Amazon wish list titled “Patina Farm.” I recently started following them on Instagram and am spellbound by the life they have built and the grounds they live on. But even more, I am totally interested on how they are using social media to their advantage and to brand themselves (design nerd here). So I wanted an item from one of their multiple streams of revenue. (If you want to be wealthy, study what wealthy people are doing!)

What a weird year. Anyone with a birthday this year might want a do-over, especially if the number they landed on was 40. Let’s just be 39 and turn 40 next year shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment