My friend Lysha rescued garbage bags chock full of old yarn skeins an avid knitter no longer wanted. She then asked me if I could think of anything we could make using these cast offs (many were new and unused even.) I remembered a stack of dollar store wreath forms hiding out in a forgotten part of my office closet and so got to thinking, “How could we use up these two materials?” This cute little pink ombre valentine pompom wreath is what I came up with. Which is surprising to me because—and I whisper this part with my hand to the side of my mouth—I don’t really like wreaths in general.
The pompoms took some time to make, about two movies worth, and exhausted three skeins. And the little house we found on sale at World Market, two for six dollars. When the day arrived to assemble everything, Lysha and I video chatted while we got to making—which was fun and I would totally do again! Since this is a unique project—not something I found on Pinterest, but rather something I thought up—I decided to make a tutorial out of it and introduce it to the inexhaustible collection of DIYs on said website. Maybe it will make me famous. Or maybe some big store will rip me off and the idea will show up on shelves next year. Exciting prospects don’t you think? Tap or click here if interested.


No comments:
Post a Comment