Friday, February 5, 2021

We’re Both Dating Again! (1 and 2)

As per our new resolution to purposefully spend time with each other, Adam and I agreed to take turns planning weekly dates. 

Date One: Skating

Adam took the first turn. It was a trip to Panther Island in Fort Worth. (The name is cool, the place is not quite, but scheduled to become so.) 



A baby sized ice rink welcomed us and promised good skating for an hour and a half. But after 25 minutes on blunt blades, rough ice, Adam crashing spread eagle on the ground, and hard plastic digging into our ankles we said tah tah to the rink—and our wasted money—and went for burgers at Hopdoddy and curbsided Crumbl cookies for dessert (this was before my most recent test results came back, so I was being naughty with my meals for a short time.)

Date 2: From a Box

Anna’s turn, but provided via Christmas gift—a date in a box—from Marlex.

The box included paint and brushes, paper, marker, a six well artist pallete, and two mugs with a hot chocolate mix. And, most important, a link to a video tutorial. 



I set everything up in the living room and we cast the tutorial to the TV and created our masterpieces.



At some point I brushed a light brown color onto my paper and said in surprise, “Brown? We don’t have br...ohhhh.” I’d dipped my brush into the hot chocolate. Whoopsies. That drink went down the drain.

Disclaimer: We know these are NOT pieces of art in any beholder’s eye. We just did what the lady on TV instructed and enjoyed the process. 

Below: Anna's



However, Adam did state, and with some degree of pride, “I think your trees are good, but overall my piece is better than yours.”

Below: Adam’s






Date kits are a fun idea, especially for isolation days or gift ideas. Etsy has a lot of options if you’re interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment