
Fly fishing is a favorite past time of Lee and Adam as you know. So last fall, Lee and his wife Jamison planned a trip to Utah where fly fishing is famous. Adam and I were invited (I couldn’t go) as was Lee’s Pops.
They went the Provo river on the Heber side. I’m told is was extremely cold. I’m told Jamison fell in! (Oh no! That sounds so miserable.) I’m also told Adam isn’t as good at fly fishing as he thinks. (He caught nothing.)
Also, I have to give credit to the photographer. These photos are great! I didn’t have to adjust the cropping in ANY of them.
I know Adam enjoyed the trip.
On a personal note: though it truly STINKS to decline an invitation and watch my spouse have fun without me—I also want to say how ABSOLUTELY GRATEFUL we are to have been invited, and for Adam to STILL have accepted to go without me, was pleasing to me.
I have noticed that we have been purposefully left out of certain situations simply because of assumptions about my limitations and an assumed answer to an invitation. And I feel terrible that this has affected Adam’s social life.
I am reminded: It is ALWAYS better to invite, than to make assumptions and never extend an invitation in the first place. Lee and Jamison, you have no idea how happy you made us both. Thank you.







No comments:
Post a Comment