Lysha, my friend asked me to join her and her mother on a visit to the Nasher Musuem in Dallas. She is a fan of American Sculptor, Dan Lam who had a giant, drippy installation on display. I think it's a pitty more of her smaller work wasn't on display...visit the link and you'll see why.
Below: Isaac Witkin, American, born South Africa, 1936–2006, painted fiberglass.
Below: Alas! by Elliot Hundley, American, born 1975, metal, plastic, pins, glass, wire, and string.
Head-Skull (Tête-Crâne), by Alberto Giacometti, Swiss, 1901-1966, marble
Below: Moon Bird or Lunar Bird by Joan Miró
Below: The Kiss (Le Baiser), by Constantin Brancusi, plaster
Below: Unknown to me but we thought these were a little funny and now I can't remember why.
Above: I believe this a Tony Cragg installation, in looking at his works, I find I like them.
Below: Head in a Tree by Rona Pondick
Below: We walked past this large mural by Ben Reynolds after visiting the museum. It was impressive! After one look at the photo Adam insisted it's a maze. I don't agree, but I DO think it's "a-maze-ing!"

















No comments:
Post a Comment