Our friends have property in Trinidad, Colorado where someday they plan to build a vacation home. They invited us up for a quick weekend to see the land and to get Adam and Nick's opinion on a partially completed prospective investment property.
We stayed in a quaint, retro little motel where each room had a theme. We slept in the Sombrero room. The bathrooms were cute, everything was tiny—we felt like giants when twisting the faucets, using the potty, and showering.
All the rooms and office/lounge area had midcentury furniture. The property is in a lovely location. Marlex had the land cleared where they plan to build, and there discovered the view.
We also found bear tracks.
The metal storage shed they've put up is where Marlex stay when they leave us all to bear the Texas heat alone. They've even put in a Murphy bed! While hanging out, a hailstorm rolled in—making it quite impossible to hear—all fingers went into all ears. During a lull, sped down the mountain. Had we not, we'd have been stuck there for longer than planned.
While trying to locate the investment property, we got lost. There was a point where Nick got out of the car to see if he could find the house using binoculars. No luck.
And of course, a pow-pow with a map took place.
Having to sit IN the truck while driving through the wilderness lost was getting BORING. So I decided if we were going to be driving in literal circles somewhere beautiful, I might as well take full advantage of the view. Glad Stacy joined me.
The investment property turned out to be a bust. I have no photos, but believe me when I say, the incomplete home was janky and perched on the edge of DIY hillside. (THAT'S not worrisome at all.) But it certainly had a nice view.
I enjoyed the short get-away very much. I was still sick and this was the first time we'd been invited out on a "vacation" with friends in a long time. I needed it more than I could say.
No comments:
Post a Comment