Saturday, October 25, 2008

An Evening of Color

The Impressionist Exhibit from the Art Institute of Chicago is in town. So along with two wonderful new friends (Travis and Cammie) Adam and I went to the Kimball Museum of Art in Forth Worth to check it out.

I won't go into detail about which pieces we saw but if you are in town, this is something you shouldn't miss.
There were only a few names of artists that I did not recognize. Otherwise we saw works from Van Gough, Pissaro, Gauguin, Renoir, Toulouse-Lautrec, Monet, Manet, Degas, Seurat . . . much to my disappointment however, Matisse was left out of the mix.

ABOVE Adam's favorite Pieces: by Van Gough The Bedroom Oil on Canvas 1889 (73.6 x 92.3 cm) and Self-portrait Oil on mill board on cradled panel, 1886–87

ABOVE Anna's favorite Piece: by Toulouse-Lautrec In the Circus Fernando the Ringmaster aka "Cirque Fernando, The Equestrienne) Oil on Canvas, 1887-88.

No comments:

Post a Comment