This is what they are supposed to look like:
They completely flattened out and fell apart. The jam dripped all over the oven. They turned out pretty tasty though. And if anyone likes problem solving, here is the recipe:1. Oven 325 F
2. Cream 3/4 cup softened salted butter with mixer. Add 1/2 cup sugar, beat till smooth. Add 2 large egg yolks and 1tsp. vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Add 1 1/2 cup flour and blend on low until combined.
3. Gather dough into ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap dough in plastic back and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Using a floured rolling pin (which I failed to do) and a floured surface (failed again and it ended up sticking to everything) roll to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut 2 inch diameter disks, and place on cookie sheet. Drop 1/2 tsp fruit jam into center of disk and cover with another disk. Using a fork seal edges of cookies.
5. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
Good luck.

Well, I'm no help with the recipe, but I love your new 'Phases of the Moons' heading!
ReplyDeleteooooo.... been there! Not with that recipe though :) And now you're making me hungry!!
ReplyDeleteI'd still eat 'em. :)
ReplyDeleteAnna--Grandma used to make a recipe like this except it had a raisin filling. I loved those cookies. I'll see if I can find her old recipe and compare.
ReplyDeleteSounds very sweet!