Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Bit of Vacation

We're back! We had a wonderful time in California for Christmas. Adam flew back to Texas for New Years while I stayed for another week. We had a good time for both holidays. Here are some photos from the trip:

The family at Christmas Eve Dinner
This year's tree (much better than ours . . .khee hee.)
Papa and Zuki

Adam and I had gone down the hill to do some Christmas shopping, and his ears never popped. We tried using an ear candle (which didn't work, but now his ear is nice and clean). It finally cleared up Christmas morning.
SUGAR COOKIES!!! I made a double batch and they were gone in two days. Yum Yum.

Dwynne gave mom three mini silverware sets from Ikea and wanted to throw a "mini" party a few days later using tiny finger foods. Grandpa was a good sport. He made sure to follow the rules . . . he used his little knife to cut his little food into tiny bites and then ate off his itty bitty fork the whole time!


We served mini: bagels, tartlets, ciche, dogs in a blanket, chocolate turtle cookies, and grapes. We set the table using all the mini dishware we could gather from around the house.

New Years we decided to have a fire and make hobo dinners (which turned out awesome.) We might have to make this a tradition. Later we dumped popcorn kernels into the fire to see if they would explode . . . but they sort of just hopped around.


The night before Natalie and Mo left, we had an un-birthday party for Zuki. Dwynne made the cupcakes (yum) and I, the birthday hat.
Zuki shares her treat with Nat and Mo.

We love being at home. Mom and Dad treat us all so well and feed us so good! Thank you for more fun memories!

4 comments:

  1. Once again Anna had a fabulous time. I don't know how you can top 2008 and all the fun adventures you've had. I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Zuki is SO cute I want a little Zuki. Your family is so fun such a blessing. Adam looks weird with that candle and your moms tree looks like its 5 feet in the air with all those presents, the b-day hat amazing, and I want your cookie recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pictures! It's my goal to see that house before I die. :) I love how CREATIVE your whole family is... Dwynne's mini-party was so cute, the hobo-dinners, the un-birthday party for Zuki (the hat was AWESOME), I am so proud to call you my cousins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww.... I miss you! I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed Christmas. :) It puts a smile on my face to see all the fun things you do together! And the creativity never ends around there :) I just found out last week that Dwynne is good friends with my cousin Jamie - the world continues to get smaller! I hope you have as many good adventures in this year as you did in the last one! :)

    ReplyDelete