Monday, January 12, 2009

Bunch of Bull

Not a herd, just a bunch. There's what . . . maybe eight longhorn here? Stampede! Adam and I went to the Stockyards just outside of Fort Worth last Saturday to have a look around. Everyday at 11:00 and 4:00 a cattle drive makes its way around the block.



Here's how it works . . .

I guess longhorn can be ridden. It sure was a sight to see this fella ridin' up on this here pony . . .
We stuck around and walked up and down the street, checkin' out the shops—ALL of them western wear, memorabilia, furniture etc. The shops you see below look as though they are made from what previously was an enormous holding yard for all kinds of live stock. There are even hidden/unused tunnels, and a train that runs right through the middle of the whole thing.
If you need a shot of cowboy, we've got the place for you.

3 comments:

  1. Hey I have a picture of me on that Pony! That man you pay to take pictures on his steer and so I did and I have a picture to prove it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love reading about all the fun places you and Adam find :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looked like so much fun. My little cowboy Brandon would have been so excited. Maybe we'll have to come for a visit. And that'll teach me to not read down the blog I missed this post last time I looked.

    ReplyDelete