Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Infant CPR

Ever taken infant CPR? It's totally worth it. I had the opportunity to attend a short class yesterday with a good friend who is expecting. Her doctor highly recommended the class. There is a fee, ($30) but you get to walk away with this adorable and lifelike baby, a fantastic video, and even a cardboard telephone so you can practice calling 911! (Yes, I am being a little facetious—prepare for lots of giggling as you practice talking to your baby and dialing a toy telephone in a room full of adults.)

But really. The class was informative and since you get to take the kit home, you can use it to teach your friends, family, and even the babysitter. Not a bad idea at all.

5 comments:

  1. Yikes, can you believe I haven't taken a course on it? Dan did, and I had him show me, but I'm sure a class would be an even better idea. Thanks for the reminder! Your new place looks awesome, by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Rachel S, by the way...new email...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's AWESOME!! My mom needed that when I gave Niki a Lifesaver when she was 3 days old. I must have known at 3.5 that she would one days steal my Barbies, clothes, and makeup. hehe... (ps She's ALIVE, that sounded a little morbid, sorry) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used the same program for Scouts but the "dummy" was an adult. Well, half of an adult. But I learned a lot. All these years I thought I knew what to do, but it wasn't quite right. Good thing to have this class. What's your baby's name????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew pressing two fingers on an infant could be so hard??? Travis even had trouble! The BFL dummy is a great stand-in tho! Glad you liked the class-thanks for keeping me company!

    ReplyDelete