Sunday, August 9, 2009

California means Sly Park

I think it is becoming tradition to visit Sly Park Lake while we are all at home. It's relatively close to the house and area is so nice. The lake water is surprisingly warmer than the pool too! Who would have thought? I didn't take as many photos as I thought so here are just a few—and they are the last of my vacation photos. Sad.

Dad sharing rocks with Zuki

Dwynne and Mo in the middle of the lake—gotta love that mattress!
Mom and Natalie watching from afar
A photo of Adam taken shortly after he showed up to surprise me
Trivia: The Mormon Emigrant Trail is just on the other side of the lake. It's got some fun 4-wheeling and provides a great hike too. There are places where you can see where wagon wheels left marks in the rock and places where fires were built to crack the boulders to make them passable by wagon and handcart. Click here for a bit of history.

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of all your faces in the water. And what a thoughtful husband you have to surprise you like that! I think Zuki could be a baby model- she is so gorgeous! Looks like a fun vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More great pictures!! How nice that Adam was able to surprise ya and join you on vacation :) Looks and sounds like you enjoyed your visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to find our great picture of us full of dirt from sitting on the back of the Bishop's truck while 4-wheeling up on the trials. That's one of my favorite pictures.

    ReplyDelete