Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Girls Gardening

A friend of mine—whose husband is overseas—needed help starting her garden. So, a few days ago I headed over to her place to haul lumber and dirt to start building planter boxes in her back yard.
We learned that battery operated drills are the bottom feeders of all drills. After trying mine, and a neighbor's...we finally bought an electric one. Zoom zoom. Oh, and pilot holes are a heaven sent idea.
After the boxes were finished we filled with dirt, placed the plants and got to planting. (Okay, okay...I had to leave by the time the planting started...the prep work took ALL DAY...but at least I got a chance to pretend to plant.)
Also, 4x8 is NOT 25. We both thought we had enough screws to finish all four boxes. Yeah. I blame it on the heat. We came up short and couldn't finish the fourth box that day. But you can see the steps we took from mowing the area, to laying weed barrier, to building boxes, dumping dirt and planting!
Ahh. I could barely move the next day—but hard work of this nature is so satisfying! Thanks for letting me help Melissa!

7 comments:

  1. oh my heck that looks like a lot of work! it looks awesome though. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks nice! I like seeing pictures of YOU, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo.... wanna come help me too?! :) Looks nice!! And I have to agree with Dwynne... it's nice to see you too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great friend you are!! Wanna come to Arizona? :)

    I LOVED the strawberry cake too... VERY good! It looked perfect and magazine quality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The garden looks AWESOME! You are sure a talented women and a great friend! And your cake looked gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete