Friday, April 2, 2010
Last Cake #9 Spring Strawberries
Yep, that's right folks—cake classes are over. I had a blast and I'm finally figuring out the tricks to fondant, and cake-making-time-management, etc. Bottom line: The price you pay for a custom cake? It's worth it, every penny. Materials and ingredients are expensive, the prep work is time consuming, and expertise is a necessity if you want a beautiful cake. I now appreciate all those cake decorators out there. WOW. Inspiration for this cake: Well, we were going to learn how to make a little round box for the top. I wanted to fill it with something other than flowers...strawberries came to mind. Plus, I was able to use left-over blue fondant for the borders. Done and done. It turned out so cute! Flavor: same Hershey's Chocolate as listed previously, but with chocolate puddin' center. Sooo good, Adam's work voted to have it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What are the strawberries made out of? It looks deLIGHTful!
ReplyDeleteWow. This cake looks great. Olivia saw it and said "ooh, I want a strawberry!" Congratulations on completing the course--based on your cakes, it looks like you learned a ton.
ReplyDeleteThe strawberries are made out of fondant...but the red food coloring tastes nasty. LOL.
ReplyDeleteVery cute! You are a natural. And I bet it is hard work!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Anna you are amazing! I had a good day out with your mom today. Keep up the creativity, I love seeing your work.
ReplyDeleteSherry H
LOVE IT! What a great idea. You have sooooo much talent.
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty! Now I'm wishing I had taken the cake class at BYU. Designer, sewer, cake maker, composter. What next!?
ReplyDeleteAmazing!! It almost looks too good to eat :) I did say almost... cause I really want some!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh...this cake is so cute. Fabulous work, Anna.
ReplyDeleteUm, mouth falling open...now I want to take cake decorating classes. You are so creative and amazing.
ReplyDelete