The Peach Festival put bluntly was a bust. After walking around and being VERY disappointed in the lack of peach related items, we reviewed the Points of Interest. One section was reserved for peach booths. One. Where's the peach ice cream? Sorry, we're out. Where's the peach crepes? Sorry, we don't serve peach crepes even though this fine printed document says otherwise....
Let's try some lemonade with a canned peach in it. Fake.
Here's an idea: let's wait in line for a half an hour for peach cobbler. (Long lines mean good food right?)
Do you see the cinnamon cream? Me either. Oh, that's right, they're out. I should have realized. That's okay, the cobbler wasn't good either. No spices, no lemon juice to give it a kick, and the crust was meh.
But this, my friends is a Peach Julep. It was large, cold, refreshing, and fresh with a frozen peach slice. Perfect for this VERY hot day. Ingredients: lemon, lemon lime soda, and peach nectar. (Is that right Dafni?) I have been craving one ever since.
I was hoping to buy a bushel of peaches...but a little basket for $20? Nopity nope nope nope. Not after getting a whole box from Mom Moon last year for $10. We didn't stay long. We came for peach stuff, but it turns out it was mostly local craft booths who stole the show.







I know EXACTLY how you feel! My department (Dining Services, if you forgot) was actually pretty upset at the "farmers markets" around here. They are mostly just crafts. So we decided to start our own--The Stadium Farmers Market. We actually have a rule that 50% of the booths have to be growers, 30% bakers, 10% food vendors and 10% crafts. We seem to be a hit. I like it so much better and I think everyone else does too. If you are ever in Utah again in August and September you'll have to stop by. I think you'd like it, even if it is somewhat small.
ReplyDeleteSo glad I'm not the only one!
ReplyDeleteGood idea to have those "rules". Half the time the crafts are SO NOT worth it.
Yes I think that's what the julep is... I think.
ReplyDeleteHoly red ridiculous embarrassing face batman!
The festival was a total bust, but the day was still fun! Yay for good friends! :)
What a bummer! That peach julep though.. that I'm going to have to try!!! :)
ReplyDelete