Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Random

These are photos of things I want to remember...there's no long story to any of them but still fun to think about.
Mom likes to put together activities to do with the grandkids while they're here. Since I arrived early, I sat with her as she painted some examples and cut out patterns. The girls later enjoyed the activity quite a bit, even some of Dad's piano students got in on the action.
Below: A sunset through Mom's snuggery window.
Below: When we're in California, Adam can usually be found sleeping. A couple of years ago I caught him asleep in a chair with a floss pick sitting in his mouth. Now where is THAT photo....?
Or he's reading. Great job bonding with the nieces hon.

Hayden and Michael take a turn hosting everyone at their house. This year we played Jackbox. It a collection of games played as a group. Each person uses their smartphone to submit answers. It's worth a look into if you've never done it.




Below: The lemon tree always has fruit on it when we come. Dad leaves the lemons on the tree as long as possible (he doesn't harvest them.) The longer they stay on the tree the juicier and sweeter they get. It's lovely to make something fresh out of them every year...
...like lemon bars. I can't get my lemon bars to come out as good as Dad's. Must be the lemons and his magic.
Below: The driveway often has blankets of moss on it. I love it. Beautiful color and texture. Wish I could grow some here.
Every year Dwynne begs Dad to play his Chain Song. Dad "hems and haws" because it takes some practice—which is the reason why I am not allowed to "post the video for posterity.” But...and I whisper this...I am going to anyway...but just a smidgeon.
He wrote it for his composition class in college and it's excellent. He impressed everyone with it. We nicknamed it the Chain Song because a chain necklace is placed over the strings during part of the piece, creating a sort of metallic buzz effect. It's fun to listen to and of course watch Dad play.

The piece is actually titled: Piece for Paino #1. LOL.

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment