Sunday, March 5, 2017

Until Next Time

Hello! We're high school friends from Band and English class and we try to see each other every year. It's always a pleasure to accompany these two lovelies. We laugh and talk and they amaze me with how much is going on in their lives, how much they do, and the challenges they face. These two are strong women and they are an example to me.
Several years ago I jokingly (but seriously...but joking) blogged that if anyone wanted to be friends with me, they needed to be Sushi eaters. Megan has taken me seriously these past couple of years! Hah hah. So this year we visited Mikuni a new place in Folsom almost directly off 50 across from Palladio.
I liked MOST of the sushi dishes with the exception of one. See the one wrapped in yellow below? It tasted like...a Mexican rice/meat dish. NOT that great and a weird texture too.
This one however, was refreshing and citrusy, featuring salmon and lemon. Yum.
And you know what? Even though we've "changed" as we've gotten older—we're still the same at heart. We're still ALMOST as silly as we used to be.

I love you two!

P.S. I have an apology to make: I ordered more sushi rolls than everyone else (to share of course)...but then we split the bill and it didn't dawn on me what I had done until the next day! It's like that Friends episode where they split the bill but it wasn't fair...I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you pay for my weird sushi choices! I owe you dessert next time we hang out, mkay?

2 comments:

  1. We definitely shared all the rolls, the appetizer, and desserts!! I'm still full. You are lovely in every way and I'm so happy to still call you my friend after all these years.

    ReplyDelete