Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Spheres

Christmas Eve was filled with cooking! These two cuties helped me make pomodoro sauce from scratch.


A little later we made french gnocchi, which I will NEVER do again. It entails sticky wet dough that gets piped into boiling water, then chilled on ice, dried and then baked in the oven. It was a lot of steps and messy and the texture and flavor was meh. I admit, I could have done it wrong. I probably did it wrong. I'm not french.

So what was our theme this year you ask? Spherical. Yes. Spherical. Not round, not circular, not flat. Spherical.

So we ate: frog eye salad, pea and cocktail onion salad, gnocchi, meatballs, and Brazilian cheese balls.

Next day: Christmas!

Of course Mom's stacks of fresh sourdough cinnamon rolls made their appearance alongside quiche.
Below: a few snaps of the gifting festivities.



This space-case somehow missed photographing the Boties and Adam. But here are some of the tags Adam used on my presents.

And for dinner a family favorite: Beef Daube Provençal with Grandma's french bread.
This bread is SO GOOD and easy. Aren't they beautiful? I am thinking of sharing the recipe with you all. Should I?


SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

1 comment:

  1. This post made me smile. I fills me with joy to see you having fun with your wonderful family. I also LOVED Adam's signatures. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete