Sunday, March 21, 2021

Fort Worth Zoo Date

On a spring day, one of the first in the season, Adam took us back to the Fort Worth Zoo. We hadn’t been since we first moved to Texas so the timing felt right. It was CROWDED. The parking overflowed into grass fields. Texans know they have to fit all their outdoor plans into spring—because when summer hits, it’s too hot to go out.  Did the crowds make me nervous (covid)? You bet! Especially in the reptile house, we walked in and then right back out. 

Above, an indoor atrium. Impressive—huge!

Above: outside the giraffe and other animals of the region enclosure. You can feed the giraffes a piece of lettuce if you’re feeling generous with your money. But watching for free is fun too. There are hardly any photos to mark the day because I already posted zoo pictures several years ago—plus we all know what a monkey looks like and can get better photos just by Googling for them. Am I wrong?

BUT, do you know what a hippo bum looks like in the water? Here’s a unique photo.


The little fish above, in a frenzy, snack on the feces their hippo friends let loose while swimming. I know for myself, and now it can’t be unseen. So here’s to making memories that last. Ha!

The exotic birds were a favorite of mine this year. One inspired me to include in a pattern I’m working on—possibly for a shower curtain in the new bathroom. If it turns out, I’ll post it.

1 comment: