And then, as I was making a B-line for some dishes, I nearly stepped on THIS!!! Adam stopped me (THANK YOU) and pointed it out. It's a letterpress!
WHAT!? A letterpress? Are you kidding? Nope. It's a small one and in good shape. No rust and missing a few parts but that's normal. The owner of the booth saw us looking at it so I started asking questions. He was surprised I actually wanted to use the press. He had no idea what he really had. He even took $50 bucks off to help me "make up my mind."Now, between you and me I was going to buy it no matter what. He was only asking $150 for it. These things go for up to $800 depending on condition and shipping. So, I GOT A SWEET LETTERPRESS FOR $100 dollars! YES I AM SHOUTING BECAUSE I AM EXCITED!
Here is an example of a 2 color letterpress print. (This is from a wedding announcement I pulled from a stack of samples.)

I won't be able to use ink while we're in this apartment because the room needs to be extremely well ventilated, but I will be experimenting with a blind deboss for now, and it will be lovely.
And I was counting my blessings when I found a bell I liked....
YOU ARE SO LUCKY! I wish I had a $100 letterpress. And it's the perfect size! Good find!
ReplyDelete:o I can't pick my jaw up off the floor!! You lucky girl!! I hope you have fun playing with your amazing antique find!! :) And really, I'd love to become your momma...she's awesome...it's not such a bad thing! ;)
ReplyDeleteYeah Yeah YEAH!!! I'm thrilled and inspired:) Love you much!
ReplyDelete