

Some collections included pieces from all over the world. Sadly, many were not labeled. So I'm unsure of origins and materials on many of them.






Above—The plaque reads: This display is the Vatican Authorized Nativity. The figures depicted are replicas of characters from Vatican paintings or sculptures and have been faithfully reproduced by artisans commissioned by the Franklin Mint. (Click on image to view larger).Below: One of the packed rooms.

Warning—I am about to digress. Below: Just so you know, ALL nativities were accepted . . . even Star Wars, or is that a planet episode from Star Trek?
I don't mean to poke fun, well, maybe just a little. But some of the decorating was a little um . . .



Wow, thanks for sharing. I liked the one two down from the Vietnam one (if that makes sense).
ReplyDeletei liked the kenyan one...it must have been windy in the vatican one...everything was so flowy!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool collection! Best nativity? I liked the Vatican commissioned one - so much detail. Best picture? The last one for sure! Thanks for making me laugh :) Thanks for the love of our Christmas tree. Wish our house was more "done" and not in renovation mode so I could decorate more. Next year! So where are pictures your Christmas decorations Anna.... don't leave us all in suspense! :)
ReplyDeleteMY decorations? Sadly I have to admit all we have is the tree and it is the same as last year. I would like to decorate more . . . and actually, I'm not sure why I haven't . . . hmmmmm
ReplyDeleteHi fabulous sister-n-law here yes the famous one in the last pic. Which is also my favorite. Umm..I think my face made his face look better...hmm new solution to totally hideous clay men. It was so fun send me the other crazy face pic of me just so I can laugh..
ReplyDeleteLoved the first one! And Star Wars...AWESOME idea.....
ReplyDeletehey this is melinda i love your blog it is so cute oh and i have a blog it is timetolive-meinda.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete=]
Well, as for a favorite, I am going to have to go with Spain, since that's where the hubby served his mish... they do look like Lladro (I only have one to compare it to, so I am not exactly an expert). Very fun! :)
ReplyDelete