
I ran right past the Alamo (very small) too.There were over 33,000 people who participated in the run. Jogging 13.1 miles—sounded like a good idea before I actually started. (I didn't train . . . at all.)

Well after a rough start I finished the half marathon in 2 hrs 45 minutes. (They keep track with a little tag attached to your shoe.) If you do the math that is a 12:45 minute pace, pretty bad I know. I did get a medal for my efforts and ate LOTS of fruit and carbs afterward.

I must say it was much more mentally challenging than I thought, and I was definitely sore after and days to follow, but it was a blast and I plan on doing it again in the spring. Anyone want to join?


Hmmm...something about the "sounded like a good idea before I actually started" kinda turned me off..I don't know why...wait it dawned on me..Pain not real fond of it from the expression above I would totally say it involved pain. (shove) I will be the picture taker next year cause Anna just said she wanted to run with you next time. lol
ReplyDeleteCongrats on finishing! I remember back to what was supposed to be my first 5k with Brian... only we got there and he told me that he "forgot to mention" that we were doing the 10k! eek! All that with no training.... it was painful, but rewarding. Sounds like you had fun despite the pain! :)
ReplyDelete