Sunday, February 1, 2009

Canton, Yay!

Remember the HUGE flea market I posted about several months ago? Well, we went again yesterday with Adam's parents, Larissa and Jamie. We saw so many things—here is a look at a few that impressed me this time.

Below: Camera. That thing must have weighed a ton!
Below: Bins and bins and bins of vintage tablecloths,
fabrics, aprons, quilt tops etc.

Below: A lot of stain glass I've seen around here reminds me of Frank Lloyd Wright. . .
which I don't have a particular affinity toward, but some of these pieces hit the spot, and I thought were gorgeous.

Mom, make quilt blocks that looks like these!
Below: My favorite—Bonsai trees. I was so busy drooling, photographing, and speaking with the owner that I didn't notice how reasonable the prices were. I got home and looked at my photographs and saw the price tags . . . I would have purchased one! I hope this seller is there next time. Did you know you can start a Bonsai tree with ANY tree plant? It's all in how you train it.


Below: Adam's Mom and Dad looking at more
milk glass while Leilani sleeps on.

Below: Adam and Leilani (at 15 mos.),
quite the little trooper.

5 comments:

  1. Bonsai trees are a really fun hobby. I used to have one. It survived for quite a while, until it moved (the new apartment was a basement, so it didn't like the cold and it didn't like the lower light). But still, quite fun. My personal favorite was the Mount Fuji Serissa. It's quite a beautiful tree (green leaves with white around the edges and white flowers).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep and It Was SO MUCH FUN! thanks for a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the vintage fabrics and your niece is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a book at home that gives details on how to grow a bonsai from any plant...I was all set to try one a couple years ago, but Dad talked me out of trying. I wish I'd tried anyway. I should try anyway. Project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun!! That stained glass is beautiful. What a cute kid! Love her lopsided little pigtails :)

    ReplyDelete