Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mother Was Right

Fondant IS difficult to work with. (Mom tried to talk me out of a fondant wedding cake.) Last week I found out why. It's hard to make smooth and form to a cake...and it dries out too fast. AND it's expensive. Sheesh. I learned NOT to warm it in the microwave to make it soft, doing so makes it dry out very fast...before it even gets on the cake. The corners of my fondant cracked as I was molding it around the cake (I covered the big cracks with flowers. Sneaky)
Cake 6: Zucchini Chocolate cake with chocolate icing center.
Never fear. I'll be trying fondant one more time to make sure I don't like it. I have big plans, so we'll see. And may Adam continue to be patient with all my messes.

3 comments:

  1. ha ha!! Fondant IS hard to work with!! Can you imagine what I time I had working on Mozart!? Your cake is way cute, and I'm sure Adam doesn't mind the messes when there is cake involved, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey can I get you zucchini choc. cake recipe and the recipe for your wedding cake. It sounded very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm..... that looks tasty! And it looks like all that practicing paid off!! :)

    ReplyDelete