Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hot From Texas

These are big in Texas and really quite yummy. So we'd thought we'd give it a try on our California family:
Dear family, I am sorry we used you as guinnea pigs. I apologize for the burning esophagi and tummies and whatever may have happened to you the next day or in the middle of the night. Thank you to Hayden's Dad for eating what we couldn't handle—evidently we are wimps. And thank you family for willingly submitting to a second, more successful try. Tips: Don't forget to wear gloves when scraping the seeds out, you'll be sorry if you don't. • You can bake these in the oven too, just be sure to turn them so the bacon gets crispy on both sides.This is a simple recipe, there are other recipes online and even some fun YouTube videos on how to do these.

2 comments:

  1. Yum!! I totally want to try these!! I think living here in this part of California has increased my tolerance for heat significantly... I think it's too much for everyone back at home in that other part of California! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Love those! They're the best.

    ReplyDelete