Then we all waded into the FREEZING water to people watch. This part of the river is slow, and where a lot of the passing water sportsman decide to take a dip before heading to the next set of rapids around the corner. You can hear their screams of shock, "It's cold!" from the bank. And it was cold!
We noticed a new sport...these guys STAND and go down the rapids. I forget what it's called.After people watching—we decided to get in; didn't last long though. My whole body felt like a headache...that's how cold it was.Next, we wandered up and down the bank and had the brilliant idea of climbing around in the prickly bushes—in bare feet—to gather the juicy ripening wild black berries. These berries grow all over the area...including part of Mom and Dad's backyard. I am jealous.We took our little treasure home, strained it, and used the juice in a frozen dessert called Pretty Pink Perfection. And it was. (You would have LOVED it Stephanie.)It was a good, lazy afternoon on the American River.








YUM! That is funny, I was just flipping through my cook book yesterday and stopped at Pretty Pink Perfection and dreamed of its goodness and thought about making some. Zach doesn't love it so I know I would end up eating the whole thing by myself, so I decided against it.... Now I'm reconsidering :)
ReplyDeleteI think those guys are crazy for standing up while doing it! What sport will they invent next?! :) Pretty Pink Perfection sounds yummy... I'll have to look that one up! Love all the photos Anna!! :)
ReplyDeletePretty Pink Perfection??!! I haven't had that in a LONG time. Ahhh.... just thinking about it is making my mouth water.....
ReplyDelete