Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wherein Adam Is a New Age and Has a New Job

Adam had a birthday yesterday, and yep...he's still in his twenties—the new number is 29. Lucky kid. While in California we surprised him with a cake Mom decorated and brought fresh home from the bakery. I rounded the corner with candles lit and started singing. Adam had no idea who we were singing to until I stopped at him. I love surprises—Adam is easy to surprise. VERY.
I gave Adam some cologne he's been eyeballing—just in case he stinketh. And Dad gave a precious bottle of DELICIOUS balsamic vinegar from We Olive in El Dorado Hills. And I mean delicious. (Even security at the airport rummaged around in our checked luggage because they wanted a taste...) Dad says you HAVE to go there, you can taste everything and they have REAL olive oil and infused flavors. You buy a bottle and choose which vat to fill it from. We have yet to visit.
Then for his real birthday yesterday, we ate at Wild Sushi—one of the best sushi houses I've ever been to. It's a favorite of ours. Be jealous. The New Job Adam heard tell of a job opportunity at Lockheed Martin a little while back. We weren't looking to leave Key Construction, but we felt we couldn't ignore this little tidbit of info. And a little while later we put in our two weeks, went on vacation, came back, and now here we are...Adam started his new job Monday. Adam will be working on the scheduling for the manufacturing of a new fighter jet. So far the job is awesome. No more white shirt and tie! Lockheed has great benefits and discounts at local and national stores. Adam will get every other Friday off and more vacation days than most places allot. It's exciting. And yes, we'll be moving closer to the plant in a couple of months—and be done with apartment living! Lot's of changes in the works! Exciting!

8 comments:

  1. Yeah for all the good news. So glad you're back to writing. I do think you owe Adam a real cake though. Common' you've been making some pretty awesome cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous of the sushi! We love it there! As soon as I recooperate from the c-section, that is where we are going first! (you can't have sushi while you're pregnant...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL wow that post made me miss you both a ton! happy birthday adam! sorry we couldn't play with you...and *definitely* sorry we couldn't go to wild sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday to Adam!! And congratulations on the new job too!! How exciting!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That IS exciting :) Congratulations on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does this mean you found a place? You said closer to the plant didn't know if this was ideal or actual. Glad you posted all that neat stuff! I can't handle even seedless jalapenos but they looked good, guess I'm a wimp too. I also agree with Megan make him a fun jet fighter cake we all want to admire your skills woman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! Congrats on the birthday and new job/moving etc!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new job! It's so awesome when good things (like jobs) fall into your lap. And lucky for you, too, out of the apts and into a house. Can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete