Friday, September 24, 2010

Small Town, Big Taste

After visiting (and tasting) the Big Trees we were starving and ready for some real food. Instead of driving to a place we were familiar with, we decided to try a hole-in-the...er...hill. So stopped at Bistro 49 which I noticed in a little town just outside of the Redwoods.
We picked our own seat next to the big window so we could people watch, (and get good lighting for photos :) Doesn't that look delish?
Everything was homemade. The buns were hot from the oven, the sauces were from scratch, even the ketchup. It was very yummy.
I'm always nervous to try something new, I like to like my food you know? But hey, in the end, it's always worth the experience.

2 comments:

  1. WoW that looks amazing-both the place and the food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy!! I love roadside restaurants/diners... you never know what you are going to get!! It looks like you found a really good one!! :)

    ReplyDelete