Monday, September 20, 2010

The Master at Work

I consider myself lucky. Whenever I go home I get to handle my Mother's lovely hand quilted blankets. Ooh, and ahhh at her most recent work and talk about the technique and history of most of them. She's been having me photograph many of her baby quilts to sell on Minelolly. Last time we visited I realized I don't have any photos of Mom actually working on them. So I seized the opportunity.
A few of the many samples from this visit:
Mom says the one below makes it on her list of favorites.
There is always a quilt on. Always. I love you Mom.

8 comments:

  1. Whenever I think of your mom I think of quilting. She's so very talented. You all are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah.... I love this post Anna! Great photos of your Mom at work on her gorgeous quilts!! Please tell her hi and give her a hug for me next time you see her. I miss you and your family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at those pictures warms my heart. I love to look at her work in wonder, my eyes running over the kaleidoscope of color, following patterns, focusing on details and picking out fabrics that bring recognition of yardage or other works. I love your mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post you mom is so pretty! She also is an amazing quilter! She quilts with speed even my sewing machine is jealous of. If she lived closer I would be soaking up her knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, yes. I see where you get your creativity and art talent from. Your mom's quilts are gorgeous! What talent she has.
    I L-O-V-E the one right above the picture of your mom. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'm crying, too. I miss your mom--my big sister! We are all way too far apart in distance; hopefully only in miles and not in heart-distance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luan is so talented and it is so cool that you shared pics of her in action---an artist at work. I am flattered to have one of her pot holders that she gave away at church.

    ReplyDelete