Wednesday, June 27, 2018

No. 12

For our anniversary my Mr. brought home a generic bunch of flowers that I doctored up with a bit of foraged ingredients. Lovely. Thank you dear.
That evening we got all gussied up and drove into Fort Worth to use a gift certificate to Lonesome Dove Bistro. The food was wonderful. (We save gift certificates for special occasions. It makes things more fun!)

For appetizers we had:
• Elk sausage sliders, seared foie gras, blueberry jam
• Seared Lamb Lollipops,  Yuzu Aioli
For dinner I don't remember what Adam had...but I had
• Colorado Rainbow Trout, chorizo sweet potato hash, cilantro orange butter (all stuffed inside the fish.

Finger tips to mouth, it was mwah! I haven't had fish that good in a long time.
The management sent out an anniversary surprise in chocolate, fireworks, and free champaign (even though the server was aware we weren't drinking. Hopefully he or someone took a swig out of our full glasses after we left. LOL.) 
The next morning we went to breakfast at Hash House A-go-go. We ate at one in Las Vegas and I was excited to find one here too! I ordered french toast because...you know me. Why do I even have to say why? 
 Below: Adam's choice, the Hash House Farm Benedicts...I think.
Isn't that the most ridiculous deliciousness! Adam's choice was far superior to mine. I coveted and stared at his breakfast the whole time I was eating mine. I am SO getting that next time we go and I won't worry about ANY of the calories...I'll just eat 1/4 of it. Ha! (gravy, mashed taters, biscuit, fried chicken, bacon...!!!???)

After that my love drove us to the Dallas Arboretum where we wandered around looking at the gardens until it go too hot. I love you my dearest, I'm 12 years lucky a guy like you likes a girl like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment