Monday, June 25, 2018

Painting Mandalas on Rocks

Dwynne planned a rock painting activity for us. But first we practiced patterns on cardboard circles.





When several were painted and we felt confident enough to move onto rocks...
...we did.

I'm sure you've seen these around by now, either on Pinterest or in person. Several booths at our local vintage and craft markets now sell hand-painted rocks like these. The activity is actually quite therapeutic so I can see why it's having its time in the lime-light.
With my rocks, I am going to paint the word #NRHrocks on the bottoms and hide them at the local park. People like to search for them and then show them off on Instagram and Facebook using the hashtag. 

(Each city has its own hashtag. So if you live in in Placerville for example, you would use #placervillerocks when you post pictures of rocks you've found and you can use it as a search term to see who has found yours.)

No comments:

Post a Comment