So, a "few days ago" while out running, I took my time to notice everything that was in bloom. And quite enjoyed the moments examining different blossoms on the path.
I loved that these pink flowers were growing out of the limb.
I also "just finished" binge watching these two shows (below) on Netflix—and when I exhausted what was available, I found more episodes on Youtube. I fell in love with them. They were exactly what I needed. I've been itching to get my hands in the dirt and have a garden and do some landscaping but it keeps getting moved down the list of priorities as emergencies...well, emerge. So I enjoyed watching all these episodes do it instead.
If you like reality shows, gardening, landscape design, learning a bit about plants and how to care for them, DIY...you'll like these shows. They're light hearted and un-borring.
After watching these, I couldn't stand the idea of not planting ANYTHING this year. So I talked Adam into spending a little bit on herbs. Everybody needs fresh herbs right? And I've been missing having them since we moved.
Our friend Nick, procured two big cement planters from a house he'd been working on and offered them to me. The owner didn't like them and didn't want to bother returning them to the store. So even though they will someday hold ornamental plants, I've put herbs in them for now!
What you see is: rosemary, lemon thyme, Italian Oregano, English thyme, sage, and in the bare spot I planted basil seed since it's so easy to grow from scratch.
Sometimes I rub a sprig of lemon thyme between my hands and then breathe in the smell. It's SO refreshing. I kinda want to try making soap out of it.
And as part of my need to get digging I started clearing out this spot next to the house. The previous owners had dumped leaves and logs there and it needed to be addressed. I discovered...MORE BURIED BRICK. GAH! What luck. (Also, let's not talk about the fence, m'kay?)
It was hard digging it all up, but I took my time and the weather was lovely...because "it's spring." I massacred a few succors and several worms in the process. (Some worms I put into the herb containers and watched them slither into their new home.)
This is what I pulled up. SO MUCH BRICK. I've joined a group on FB called "Buy Nothing" and it's for my neighborhood. (Each group is set up per neighborhood, so you might have one for yours too.) No one can sell or buy, just give away. So I posted this lot and someone wanted it! She and her parents came to haul it all off two weeks ago. I am so pleased to have it gone—one less thing on my mind. And more pleased I didn't have to move it out.
And though I didn't do any landscaping or any real gardening...I do feel a little satisfied. For now.












No comments:
Post a Comment