Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ripe for the Pickin'

On a whim, we decided to stop by the farm again—and this time a few rows of blackberries were ripe for picking. (I wish I had appreciated blackberries when I lived in California, they grow wild there. Yum yum.) So, although they were $4.00 a lb. we went for it anyway.
The stick I am holding here, helped to push the vines out of the way. Adam was especially glad for it, he had no idea blackberry vines are prickly.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, Anna, we'll see if this works. It will be my very first post to any kind or anyone's blog/web site. But anyway, so cool, you guys already found a farm to pick at. I didn't even know the Dallas/Ft. Worth area even had farms. So you've already found things I didn't know existed and I lived there for 10 years, you've got unpacked and you think your view is not bad. Your my hero!!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful area! I love all the berries, they look delicious. Your apartment is awesome too. All your quilts make me think of G-ma margene... :) Did you make those? Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom made the one on the bed. I pieced and Mom quilted the one on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna! I saw your blog on Alissa's. It looks like you guys are doing well! Super cute apartment and you gotta love the berry picking! TTL Niki

    ReplyDelete