

We watched a Carillon bell performance set to pre-recorded background music—base and percussion. The performer was a little over dramatic but I could hardly blame him. According to him, his is the only traveling Carillon performance in the world—mainly because Carillon bells are usually found in bell towers as permanent fixtures, as they are very heavy. If I remember correctly, this entire instrument weighs over 5 tons. Impressive.
We listened to several pieces, among them were Carol of the Bells and another famous Requiem piece—sorry, having trouble remembering which one. I can't get Mozart's Requiem out of my head, and I know that's not the right one—but it was fun to watch the musician (carillonneur) pound away on the keyboard (baton console).

One of the last activities we attended was a joust. Unfortunately the King and Queen were not in attendance, they were busy playing human chess.

There was a lot to see and do, so if you have a Renaissance fair close to you, make sure and go.
That's awesome! We have one that is about 30 min. from our house... it's really fun and I always loved getting a huge pickle and dipping a rose in wax. Not to mention that the have yummy orange slushies in actual oranges. Funny that my favorite is the food... okay so the jausting (sp?) is cool too!!
ReplyDeleteHey, My mom and the Kevin went to that last weekend too! Did you see them?
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! So cool that you got to see a performance like that :)
ReplyDelete