After three years in construction, the new terminal at the Sacramento airport has been completed! (Is is a major, major upgrade.) Adam and I were lucky enough to fly into and out of this wonderful space. Thank you Sacramento for giving us something spacious and interesting to look at after disembarking from a cramped journey with nothing but chair backs to stare into.
According to this video contributor, the bunny (Leap) is made from aluminum and was chosen because "many stories from different cultures are associated with the animal. Travelers are leaping into the unknown, and they all bring their own stories on their journeys." He is leaping into a ten foot suitcase at ground level.This chandelier hangs in the center of the terminal hallway. A security guard spoke to me while I was taking pictures and said at the right time of day, sunlight hits the crystals and creates a rainbow of colors.




The first time my daughter Crystal flew into the new terminal she freaked out for just a minute and wondered if she had gotten on the wrong plane. Then remembered about all the construction that had been going on over the last few years and figured it out. She was impressed with the design and structure of the building from an engineering point of view.
ReplyDeleteI wondered what the big red bunny was all about. I haven't been past the security check point so I haven't seen the crystal chandelier yet, looks cool.
So cool! I haven't been there since they've remodeled so I wouldn't have seen it otherwise - so glad you shared it!
ReplyDelete