Monday, January 15, 2018

Summer Trip: Megan, Food, and Forensics

Right after landing in Sacramento, I raced to meet Megan for a late lunch at Bacon and Butter. Everything on the menu looked SO good that we decided to order THREE plates to share. So worth it.

 We tried the Chicken and Waffles, the Peach and Pecan French Toast, and Biscuits and Gravy.
I love trying new food with my friend!
Next she took me down the street to the city crime lab where Megan works as a forensic scientist. And she turned me into one for the day.
Testing bloody footprints.

Megan demonstrates the shooting of a gun into a water tank.

Anna looks for the bullet.

Indoor shooting range for ballistics.

About 1/5th of the gun collection kept under lock and key.

The lab where Megan analyzes 5 types of physiological fluids: saliva, semen, blood, urine, and poop for DNA typing.

Even though she has no idea what she's doing...Anna is a total pro at this and makes it look easy. Ha!

Thanks again Megan. I really did have a great time!


No comments:

Post a Comment