Adam came home from work to experience it with me, and we searched news radio for live coverage of the event in areas where people were experiencing the full eclipse. I listened to it for the rest of the afternoon while I worked. Quite awesome.
We cut holes in all kinds of things and brought out other objects (like a strainer) that already had holes in them to see if we could get the crescent to show. In the end, this hole punched card worked the best.
No matter which way we turned or titled the card, the shape of the shadow stayed the same...which was surreal.
You know what else was surreal? While we were playing around watching the ground...our back neighbor was mowing his lawn. MOWING HIS LAWN? How could anyone be missing this to mow one's lawn?!? "Hey, where did you view the eclipse?" "Oh, I was just mowing the lawn." Jaw drop.
I am grateful for not having anything else to do at the moment this was happening. And I love that Adam came home so we could have the experience together. Shared moments, that's what some of the best parts of life are made of.




No comments:
Post a Comment