Monday, January 8, 2018

Summer Trip: Mother Daughter Date

Have you ever been on a date with mom? She's so much fun. And I love that she doesn't mind taking pictures...as you can see. Awesome!

 The Crocker Art Museum in Sacramento had an exhibit by HiFructose Magazine I wanted to see and mom was up for it. So down to Sacramento we went. "Fructose showcases an amalgamation of new contemporary, emerging, as well as distinguished artists, with a spotlight on awe inspiring spectacles from around the world."

Mom will now show you the installation by Marc Dean Veca at the entrance of the exhibit:
And now will will attempt a photo before going in:

Below is from one of my favorite artists—this one is "Unrequited" by Beth Cavener whose style, colors and creatures I very much enjoy. 
Below: "It Was You" by Audrey Kawasaki. I enjoy that most of her work is done on panels of wood, that that she let's it show through. It's quite beautiful.
 Rather fun and featuring a wonderful color palette, this one is called "The Abyss Stares Back" by AJ Fosik.
 The two below are out of a series of four called "Asylum" and then numbered 1-4 by Tim Biskup. You can see what he's going for and I think it's a fun exercise.

 The artist below was one of Mom's favorites. Each character in his illustrations comes with a back story. And the technique is lovely too. The title of this is "Miss Lila and Her Black Fish" by Travis Louie.

Here is Miss Lila's story: When Miss Lila had black days, her 'worry fish' increased in size. On those really harsh days, it was as big as an average elephant. On days filled with pleasant thoughts and overall well-being, the fish was the size of a moth and white as snow."
And though this wasn't part of the HiFructose collection, I'm just going to put it in anyway. It was slightly larger than life and is perfectly relatable. "Wallflower" by Tip Toland.

No comments:

Post a Comment