As you may have read on Dwynne's blog, snow hit the foothills in California about a month ago. The trees couldn't handle the weight, so you can imagine the mess that was left behind. It looked as if someone had haphazardly pruned the trees and tossed the limbs everywhere. In some cases it seemed the trees had exploded. So sad.
We spent all day (New Year's Eve) hauling, and dragging, and burning, and cutting . . . and conquering. You wouldn't believe how heavy those wet, oak branches can be. We were exhausted by the end of the day.
Above: Anna conquers the branches with pure strength. Below: Adam conquers the wet burn pile with diesel and an air blower. Why am I doing the hauling and he doing the standing? Hmmm.
Below: All can be conquered with a chainsaw. (By the time it was my turn to use it, I couldn't even hold it, my muscles were screaming uncle. Bummer.)
Below: Michael almost got pinned by a falling branch! But then brute strength saved him at the last minute.
Below: Adam and Dad conquering the chainsaw dilemma.
Below: Mo, king of the pile.
Below: Michael tries to figure out how to safely cut this large limb down. CLICK HERE to see a video of his triumph!
Below: Now it takes FOUR guys to conquer the chainsaw problem?
Below: Dad, trying the conquering tree thing with all his might—and failing. CLICK HERE to see a (sideways, sorry) video of "the fall". Michael climbed up the tree. Adam tied the chainsaw to a rope and hoisted it up him.
Below: Hayden, Zuki, and Natalie, conquering the cold. Zuki helped with the hauling too. Natalie gave her a little branch to drag to the pile. It was cute.
In all, it was hard work. HARD WORK. But I like hard work, it feels good. And it has its fun moments too. Who doesn't like fire? And chainsaws? And large things falling out of the sky? CLICK HERE to view one last video. Did I mention this was hard work?












It was fun to see you, your family is great. Hey I like the bibs on your store, I may have to go shopping at your mom's. By the way, about the blue monster, Maryann liked the yawning face. Oh and if you have the hot pink mouth for the singing squirrel that would be great. I just love "new breed", I still haven't decided whether to give him away or not. He is so cute. I loved the pictures on Natalie's blog, Zuki looks so cute with her facinator and her abducted twice. Keep up the fun stuff.
ReplyDeleteSherry Hulbert