Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Time in the Kitchen . . .

I spent a LOT of time in the kitchen over the holidays. I made all kinds of yummy things including the traditional sugar cookies, which Natalie helped decorate. I think she had a good time. She did a good job.
She learned how to do the rose. Cute.
If you've never had these sugar cookies before, ask me to make them sometime. It's an old family recipe and it's the best I've ever come across. They are very soft and have a little something extra to make them uber yummy.
We also decorated a cake in celebration of Dwynne. She went through the temple for her first time. We attended with her and it was a VERY good day.
. . . and perhaps we began spending too much time in the kitchen . . . .

Micheal helped create these characters. He stayed until the whole tray was done. Wow! FUNNY! We put them back into the fridge as a surprise.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! I want to hear more. I love the eggs--I'm going to do that for April Fool's Day. But probably nobody will even notice. . . Hmm. Maybe just any day.

    More pictures, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol fuuunnn. um. i want some cookies. i love sugar cookies. =) but after i'm done dominating this cake.

    ReplyDelete