Monday, January 11, 2010

One Long Wonderful Day

We decided to head over to the Jelly Belly factory for a free tour. We realized the factory is half way to the Redwoods, which is close to the beach, and we would drive right by Fentons on our way back! So we were up and out the door at 7:30 am and on our way to the Fairfield factory—the first of four stops.
Guess who helped to make the Jelly Belly famous? How did you guess? To see a video CLICK HERE.

Yep, we all had to wear hats. Our tour took us above the factory floor so we could look down and see all the hustle and bustle.
No cameras were allowed during the tour but I did find some of the video they showed. CLICK HERE to view.
After the tour we perused the shop downstairs. The factory offers free samples of any of their flavors. You can try just a few, or all of them—that includes the funny flavored ones like centipede and dirty diapers. I tried skunk, which tasted more like burnt skunk to me. And then I tried moldy cheese.... THAT was the worst decision of my life. I felt like puking, and could smell my own breath. You KNOW something tastes bad when you can smell your own breath (probably because some of the stink is actually escaping out your nose too)! I DO NOT recommend moldy cheese to anyone. (Although the experience tasted bad, it was hilarious.)
After swishing with water, picking the remnants out of my teeth with my fingernail, and trying a toothpaste jelly belly, we left to make more pleasant memories at the redwood forest.

4 comments:

  1. oooo.... my sympathy. I've had the misfortune of trying the moldy cheese one too... YUCK. That word does not even do it justice! That place is fun - great pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, Jen and I went there when we came out for your wedding! We did, however, manage to stay away from the Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now those posts were fun to scroll through!! :) Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas together, and visited a TON of fun places! :)

    The only nasty jelly-belly I have had came out when Harry Potter first came out, it was... VOMIT. Yeah, that was disgusting. Don't think I will ever do that again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Moons Over TexasJanuary 15, 2010 at 10:39 AM

    Wow! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun during the Holiday's! That's Awesome!

    ReplyDelete