After all the branches were burned from our cleanup that day, we used the left over hot coals too cook foil dinners later that night.
Below: Looks like some sort of new sport . . . . but it's the guys retrieving our dinners from the ashes.
Micheal and Hayden.
Dwynne, Nat, Zuki, Mom (with her head lamp on) and Dad.
Grandpa, Adam, and Mo.
After dinner was done we came inside to eat and enjoy. They were VERY good.
There's a trick to making foil dinners so all the food is cooked evenly, no raw and no burnt. That is: make your foil dinner flat. Easy as that.
Then, we went BACK outside and had smores. Mo told Natalie he was going to have six. And he did.
I opted for a warm, gooey, chocolate filled banana instead of smores. It was delish.
Then when the new year rolls around, we all bang on pots and pans as is the tradition when the clock hits twelve. Then we stop and listen to see if we can hear noises from the neighborhood. If we do, we start banging all over again. We do this until the hills are quiet—because of course, we have to have the last word. Khee hee.
Happy New Year everyone!
Looks like you guys had a rip roarin' time!!
ReplyDeleteAwww.... reading all your posts tonight makes me miss you Anna!! I thought of you on New Year's Day as I packed the little stuffed felt bear ornament you gave me over a decade ago! :) I'm so glad you enjoyed your holiday and one of these days when you make a trip home, CALL ME! I'll do what I can to plan to come up so we can get together... Megan would probably love to hang out too :) Miss you and happy new year!! HUGS!!! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had an "Rockin' New Year's Eve" bahaha!! Really though, looks like it was a lot of fun. It' always good to see pictures of your family!
ReplyDelete