Sunday, November 17, 2013

Dallas Allstate Half Marathon


After the race we noticed little QC codes on their numbers. So we scanned them with our phones and both Dafni and Adam's statistics came up. It was awesome. It listed time, pace, how many other people of the same gender or age came in before them etc. I thought that was way cool.

Brandon and I were able to cheer Adam and Dafni on around the 4th mile and then around the 9th mile (I think.) Brandon estimates we trekked over 5 miles through the city to meet them at those points. (So we got a workout too! Go us!)

At the 9th I was very pleased to see a large group of people cheering the runners with encouraging signs and clapping and shouting. Instantly I felt ashamed of myself for having just "watched" them as they ran past us earlier. How rude! Next time I will have a sign and be shouting encouraging words while I wait.

I love this photo below. Dafni getting a kiss and Adam grinning at me—it captures a bit of "real life" at just the perfect moment.
I don't know why but watching people cross the finish line made me very emotional. What a thing to do! Running long distance is such a physical AND emotional thing. And then to watch two people I care about cross the line? They've been training and talking about this for 9 months. And then suddenly to watch them meet their goal…there are no words! I loved hearing the announcer call out their names as they finished. What a thing to be congratulated by name. Well done Allstate. Well done. And Adam and Dafni too.

Password: welldone

Marathon2013 from Anna Zenk on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Go Adam and Dafni!! Congrats on reaching your goals. I love watching and participating in these kinds of sporting events. So much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete