The hubs finished his last day at Lockheed Martin this Wednesday. The job was certainly a blessing and was definitely the right move to make when we did. (I don't know if we mentioned because of the economy crash Adam was watching is construction company whittle away to almost no-one, which worried us. So when the job at Lockheed presented itself we felt urged to take it.)
Anyhow, we will miss the every other Friday off and the three week vacation plus two week Christmas vacation *sniff. And although Lockheed has it perks it also has the pitfalls of old fashioned thinking/management and with that comes the impossibility of moving up in the company unless you've had tenure—which is so backwards to me. If a company wants to survive it's not about seniority! It's about rewarding forward thinkers. Rewarding—thus encouraging—those who put effort into making the company successful. But that's government for you, and that's why Lockheed has a problem retaining this generation.
Well, Adam is ready for more responsibility—more opportunities for growth.
He's going back to Key! It sort of just "happened" through casual conversation with the secretary and kablam! His old manager unexpectedly sent him a text saying Adam would be a perfect fit for a position opening up. It's so nice to be wanted isn't it?
He's off taking his drug test this very moment and his first day back is Monday! Back to construction! And I have to say, he is very excited to be back in it. When we were discussing the switch it came down to him being able to do something he likes. I say, if it pays the bills—go for it! I am so happy to have him in my life. And it is exciting to see what he is doing with his.
YAY!!! I couldn't agree with you more about Lockheed. My Adam noticed the same things there when he was looking at internships in school. So glad your Adam is able to go back to something he loves. It makes the biggest difference! Congrats to you both!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! Congrats to Adam and I hope he has a great transition back to doing what he loves :)
ReplyDelete