Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Vegetarians

October was a little different for us. We decided it might be "fun" to go vegetarian for the whole month. (We kept eggs in the diet and got rid of milk.) I have to say it was actually quite easy. Neither one of us noticed any significant changes in the way we felt or in our waistlines. I'm sure if we'd done blood pressure and cholesterol levels there would have been changes though, impossible not to have been.

Unfortunately, I was way too busy to have any energy to plan new vegetarian dishes, so we resorted to a lot of familiar food. So, I kind of want to have a do-over. (Of course that's silly, we can eat vegetarian whenever we want. Heh.)

We made it all the way to the 25th, then the night before Adam's race we splurged and got meat on a pizza and of course that killed it for the rest of the month. And again, I personally didn't notice much of a change after we started eating meat again. (Digestion WAS much easier when we weren't eating meat.) So, that's it. Just wanted to record this somewhere for when Adam can't remember when we did this or for how long. (Because I have a perfect memory and don't forget anything. Ever.)

What spawned this idea in the first place? Adam saw Forks over Knives for the first time…there's some extremely compelling data laid out. Watch it and see if YOU don't consider the vegetarian lifestyle even just a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting experiment! I doubt we would notice much difference aside from dinner time -- we usually try to have a protein on the plate due to all of Brian's training. :)

    ReplyDelete