Thursday, November 14, 2013

Ultrim Finishes

Adam decided to start a business with a friend—legally it's called a joint venture, it's not a partnership. (Had to clarify for all you Dave Ramsey fans out there.)

Lot's of brainstorming and throwing out names like "Nail'd it" and "Kilwood" finally landed them a keeper in "Ultrim Finishes."

They've registered with the sate, signed legal documents, and it's been official for a couple of months. It's exciting! I'll be posting some of their projects soon. One of them is currently taking up parking space in our garage….

Naturally I was roped into doing their logo. The guys wanted the mark to be simple, bold, and feel west coast—almost west coast skater. SO MUCH WORK goes into creating a mark, it's a shame no one ever sees the ones that get kicked out and don't make it to the final rounds. So I figured I'd put up some of the rejected ones—it's kinda fun to see.

Below is one they picked. Ultimately I think it was a great choice, it's strong and very versatile too. We've printed off a couple hundred cards and the guys are working on getting the word out. Here's to the entrepreneurial spirit!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent logos, my dear! This seems to be an area that you are very skilled in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! As always, great work. (It IS fun starting something new...so much so that it kind of blurs out any of the scary things...like starting a new business from scratch! ;) I hope it takes off amazingly well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these logos! Sounds like Adam is going to be very busy in 2014! Good luck in your new venture Adam!! :)

    ReplyDelete